CANDICE J. SHOCKLEY, ESQ.
BACKGROUND & EDUCATION
As an attorney, I am licensed to practice law in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. The focus of my practice is primarily in Shelby County and Jefferson County; however, I have successfully argued cases before the Alabama Court of Civil Appeals and the Supreme Court of Alabama.
My undergraduate degree is from Wesleyan College, where I graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors. I studied law at Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama and received my Juris Doctorate degree in 1983.
I started practicing law in Bessemer, Alabama in 1984, then relocated to Pelham, Alabama in 1995 and have continued to practice law in Pelham since that time.
I have successfully represented people and businesses in all walks of life; teachers, small business men and women, farmers, lawyers, hotel owners, nurses, and “stay at home” moms and dads. I devote my time and attention to my client’s cases, in order to obtain the best results possible. While much of my practice is devoted to divorce and family law, I have obtained significant settlements and verdicts in personal injury, fraud, and business litigation cases. I believe in providing dedicated service to my clients, in and out of the courtroom.
EXPERIENCE & ASSOCIATIONS
- Inducted into National Advocates Top 100 Attorneys for Matrimonial and Family Law in the State of Alabama
- Published in Aspatore’s series “Inside the Minds” – chapter included in book titled Effectively Managing a Solo Practice, Leading Lawyers on Balancing the Challenges and Rewards of Single Partner Firms
- Significant trial experience before Shelby and Jefferson County Judges
- Appointment to act as Special Master by the Shelby County Circuit Court
- Appointed by The Supreme Court of Alabama to serve as Special Circuit Judge for Jefferson County in 1999
- Member of the Shelby County Bar Association
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Alabama State Bar
- Member of the Alabama, Florida and Georgia Bar Associations
- Member of the American Bar Association